Laparoscopy is a less invasive procedure done with a slender laparoscopy to look inside the abdomen and pelvis. A Laparoscope is equipment equipped with a camera and lighting source so that images of the internal organs can clearly display on a big screen. This procedure was discovered to avoid the large incision to skiing during surgery or diagnoses. It is also called keyhole surgery and has a plethora of advantages over traditional surgical methods. Some of them are shorter hospital stays, less scarring, pain, and bleeding.
There are many health conditions in which you may require to visit the best laparoscopy clinics in Chandigarh or any other city of the country. We will discuss them in this article, but before proceeding, let us look at how it is carried out?
How Is Laparoscopy Done?
As discussed above, laparoscopy is a procedure that is used for the pelvis, urinary bladder, and uterus disorders, but the question is, how is it carried? First, a 3-4 small incision around 0.5 inches long is made on the skin and then inserted with a laparoscope as well as other tools to fill gas in the abdomen. This allows surgeons to look inside the body clearly and operate more accurately. After diagnosis or surgery, gas is taken out of the abdomen, and cuts are closed with the help of stitches. Patients can go home the same day or after a night stay at the hospital.
Uses Of Laparoscopy
Here are some common reasons to undergo laparoscopy-:
- It is used to diagnose or treat gynecologic issues called endometriosis. This disorder is the major cause of infertility in women. In this endometrium, the tissues similar to tissues on the uterus lining grow outside the uterine cavity. The hormonal imbalance during periods breaks these tissues. They don’t go anywhere but get trapped in the pelvis that eventually causes irritation, pain, and fertility issues.
- Laparoscopy is also used in the removal of fibroids from the uterus. It is a noncancerous growth of the uterus that escalates cancer and sterility. Pelvic pressure and heavy flow during periods are significant signs of uterine fibroids.
- The ovarian cyst is another common health problem in females that are treated and diagnosed with the help of a laparoscopy procedure. The ovarian cyst is a fluid sac that grows on the surface of one or both ovaries. Its diameter varies between 5 to 10 centimeters. Although open surgery can also treat cysts, it is more painful and invasive.
- Urinary incontinence is also treated with the help of laparoscopy surgery. It is the condition in which a patient loses control over the bladder and passes the urine accidentally. Women and old age people are more likely to develop this problem.
These were just the tip of the iceberg; several other ailments are there that can be treated and diagnosed with laparoscopy. However, it is indispensable to research well to find the best laparoscopy clinics near you.
Benefits Of Laparoscopy
- It is less painful because a small incision is made on the skin.
- It leaves small scars on the stomach, which will disappear with time if you apply anti-scar ointment in routine.
- Unlike traditional surgery, you don’t have to stay in the hospital for a long period. In non-sensitive cases, you will be discharged on the same day.
- The other notable benefit of Laparoscopic surgery is that you get back to a normal routine in just a few days.
- Just like external scars, internal scars also heal in a short time.
Recovery Time Of Laparoscopy
After performing surgery, clinics will observe you for a few hours before discharge from the hospital. They will note your heart rate, breathing, and urine frequency. You may have to stay in hospital for a night or can be released the same day; it all depends on your condition and treatment. You will feel little fatigue and shoulder pain the following day due to the use of carbon dioxide in the procedure. However, everything got back on track within a week.
The Bottom Line-:
Laparoscopy is completely safe, and no serious compilation is associated with the procedure. However, minor bleeding and vomiting can occur in some cases.